June 23, 2015
At Advanced Dental Care of Springfield’s annual Dentistry From the Heart event held on Friday, June 12th, teeth cleanings, filling or extractions were provided to 112 people.
These services, valued at over $41,000 were provided absolutely free of charge to the patients and according to Dr Matt VanderMolen, dentist at Advanced Dental Care, “This community has been so good to us over the years and this is a great way for us to give back. There are a lot of people that simply can’t afford routine dental care due to a variety of reasons and we love the opportunity to help those in need.”
June 19, 2015
Imagine going through a dental treatment feeling relaxed the whole time without experiencing any type of fear or anxiety. That’s what sedation dentistry in Springfield, IL can do for you. Sedation dentistry performed by a qualified dental practitioner makes it possible for patients to be completely relaxed throughout their dental treatment.
July 28, 2014
Tooth loss can make a distinct difference in your smile. Patients have many options for replacement including bridges, but Dental Implants provide the most natural alternative.
Dental implants can be the solution to all such problems as they
- Replace one or more teeth.
- Remain fixed in the specific site of placement.
- Do not drop down or click like dentures.
- Are extremely natural looking.
- Function just like natural teeth.
- Have a success rate of 95%.
- Have no detrimental effects on adjacent healthy teeth.
Dental implants are unique in the way they fuse with the jawbone, as they are able to derive complete support from the jawbone instead of deriving support from the neighboring teeth. They last longer than other tooth replacement options. In addition, they keep the bone strong, saving you from sunken cheeks due to tooth loss and bone loss.
Call Advanced Dental Care of Springfield at (217) 717-4551 for an appointment with Dr. VanderMolenand get the information you need to decide if dental implants are right for you. You can also attend one of our Free Dental Implant Seminars!
Click here for more on all the services available at Advanced Dental Care of Springfield.
July 21, 2014
What Are the Consequences of not cleaning Fastbraces® properly?
Maintenance of oral hygiene is mandatory, and should be practiced diligently. A clean mouth is especially important since the sites for food entrapment increase with the installation of orthodontics. Your dentist will give you the directions of care and the consequences if the Fastbraces® are not adequately clean.
• Bad breath – You don’t even have to ask an individual to smile to notice an unclean mouth. The breath can reveal the truth easily. Food particles that have not been removed from the Fastbraces® and the teeth can undergo putrefaction, which is perceived as foul odor.
• Dental decay – The chances of dental decay increases with a decrease in oral hygiene. The food debris stuck between the teeth and braces become the source of nutrition for decay-causing bacteria. Hence, by the time your braces are removed, you may end up with new cases of decay or cavities.
• Gum irritation – The areas where the components ofFastbraces® are exposed to the gums must be kept clean. There is a greater tendency for deposition in such sites. Prolonged periods of contact with food debris lead to swollen gums, which can bleed easily. There can be other serious consequences like pocket formation (loss of attachment of gums from teeth) if oral hygiene is neglected.
• White spots – If you do not brush your teeth properly while having orthodontic treatment, you may have unpleasant white spots on your teeth, occurring because the part of the teeth to which the brackets were gluedretains the original white color and the rest of the area gets duller due to demineralization.
For help in maintaining clean teeth and Fastbraces®, call (217) 717-4551 and schedule an appointment with Dr. VanderMolen. Our team at Advanced Dental Care of Springfield will give you the help you need to maintain your beautiful smile.
July 14, 2014
What are Custom Dentures?
Custom dentures are specifically made according to your needs. When a denture is made for you, you are able to get a denture with a perfect fit, increased functionality, and a natural smile. Color, shape, or size of the teeth can be adjusted in order to achieve the most natural look.
Benefits of custom dentures-
- Comfort and functional efficiency – Custom dentures are much more comfortable and efficient than standard dentures, in part due to the special materials used in fabrication. The material is pliable and can be adjusted within the mouth until the patient is satisfied with the performance of the denture. The dentures have a soft lining material for more comfort in biting and chewing. Custom dentures on a lower arch have great retentive capacity due to the strong grip on the arch.
The shape of the teeth is specifically customized for the patient’s bite, increasing functional efficiency.
- Custom Dentures Feel and Look Natural- Custom dentures can turn your dream of wearing a dazzling smile, into reality. The custom dentures are unique in their personalization feature. Dr. VanderMolen can continue to alter the look until the patient is contented.
The material used in the fabrication of custom dentures makes the teeth look naturally white. Used on the porcelain prosthetic teeth, it mimics the enamel of natural teeth by reflecting light just as natural teeth do.
If you have lost your natural teeth, and are in search for a comfortable yet beautiful substitute, custom dentures could be the perfect choice for you. Call (217) 717-4551 for an appointment with Advanced Dental Care of Springfield. Dr. Matt VanderMolen will help you get your desired results!